Table of Contents
Dreaming of water has primal significance as it represents our emotional state and response to what occurs in our waking life. There are numerous interpretations of dreams about water, but these often depend on the details of your dream, such as how the water was presented, or the state of the water, and its movement. Here’s a look at the interpretations of some common dreams about water and what they symbolize.
Dreams about Water
Dreaming about water can be your subconscious mind providing unexpected guidance, regardless of whether it’s sought after or not. If you’ve had a dream about water, it’s important to consider your emotional state during and after the dream as this will help you to get a clearer understanding of what the dream means.
Dreams about water viewed in the spiritual perspective, often tell of a person’s need for spiritual guidance and enlightenment. These dreams can also signify rebirth, renewal, and transformation. They could be telling you that while change is nerve-wracking, it’s also inevitable so it’s time to let go of control and go with the flow, accepting and facing what life has in store for you.
A dream about water can also be related to the arrival of abundance or good news. It could be a sign that you’ll soon be receiving good news and that you need to take things slow and be patient.
The Movement of the Water
- If the water in your dream is flowing smoothly, it may represent the movement of energy, plans, and endeavors in your waking life.
- If it’s turbulent, it could signify your need to go at a steady pace due to the fast-changing situations in your life. The dream may be telling you to take things easy and enjoy what you have in the present.
- On a lighter note, when water is tranquil and serene, it indicates the presence of peace within you, despite the changes in your waking life. It may tell you that you are prepared and open to what life throws at you and in hardship, you persevere with ease.
- If you dream of splashing water, it could represent a wake-up call from denial. Until now, you may have been unable to accept a certain situation or the feelings that you’re experiencing, and your dream could be telling you that you’ve or will soon be realizing your reality.
Dreaming of Boiling Water
- Dreaming of boiling water could mean that you’re about to experience a change or a new beginning in your waking life. Boiling water could also symbolize sadness and troubled times ahead.
- If you dream that you’re drinking boiling water, it could mean that you will have financial difficulties and personal problems. In the past, it was a common belief that dreaming of boiling water meant that the dreamer or someone in their life would suffer from a disease or an accident, and drinking boiling water often meant that the person would experience a huge loss or damage.
- If someone in your dream is giving you boiling water, it could suggest that you’re in danger from enemies. There may be someone in your life who you believed to be a friend but means you harm.
- On the positive, side, drinking a glass of boiling water means success, health, and the possibility of marriage.
The State of the Water
The state of the water in your dream is important to note, as it could change the meaning of your dream completely.
- Crystal clear water suggests that you have gained a refreshing perspective that has redirected you to your original goal. For some, it means that they have found a solution to an issue that has been troubling them.
- However, dirty, stagnant water can represent the negative thoughts that can drown a person. Instead of being discouraged, the dream could be telling you to be kind to yourself and that it’s okay to ask for help when needed, to take a break when things become overwhelming or that making mistakes is human.
As Natural Phenomena
In the form of a natural disaster such as a tidal wave, or floods, water represents a negative force that’s beyond our control. Seeing it in a dream could represent unresolved feelings of stress and emotional conflict in your waking life.
The dream could be a sign that it’s time to identify the root cause of your unhappiness and confront it so that you may be able to find a solution and make peace with yourself.
Dreaming of rain often represents that you’re moving through a difficult period of grief in your waking life. You may have been shedding tears over someone or something for some time now and are in need of an outlet for your emotions. It may also signify the process of emotional cleansing and healing.
Bodies of Water
- Dreaming of oceans and seas could represent emotions that run deep and the discovery of untapped potential. They may be a sign that you should embrace your uniqueness and cultivate your talents and skills which will be beneficial to you in the long run. It also signifies the openness to challenges, despite the complication of arising issues. It can also say a lot about you as a person with a positive outlook and a determined spirit to achieve your goals.
- Dreaming of ponds and lakes, on the other hand, represent your current emotional disposition in present matters. Ponds and lakes are closed bodies of stagnating water, surrounded by land and when seen in a dream, they may represent that you’re feeling restrained or unable to express yourself. For someone who is content with your life and where you are in life, the dream could represent your contentment.
- Dreaming of rivers and streams represents the progression of personal endeavors in your waking life. Like the moving body of water, our plans and goals are similar to the unexpected changes of the current. Your dream might be telling you to open your mind and heart to the spontaneity of life and to be easy on yourself when things don’t go the way you planned.
- If you’ve seen a waterfall in your dream, it could be a representation of revitalization. Similar to rainfall, water that comes from high places is a symbol of cleansing and healing. In your waking life, you may have experienced a situation or occurrence that has brought you healing and inner peace. It was most likely stored in your subconscious mind and triggered your dream.
Dreams about water can have many meanings in dream analysis, both positive and negative. Dreaming of water is fairly common and it isn’t something to be afraid of. Understanding the meaning of your water dream can help you when it comes to making certain decisions and changes in your waking life.