Table of Contents
Sei Hei Ki (Say- Hey -Key), known as the harmony symbol, is used in Reiki healing practices for emotional and mental well-being. The term Sei Hei Ki translates to God and man become one or the earth and sky meet.
These translated phrases refer to role of Sei Hei Ki in establishing harmony between the conscious and subconscious aspects of the mind. Sei Hei Ki heals mental and emotional imbalances by opening up blockages in the mind and releasing traumatic experiences.
In this article, we will be exploring the origins of Sei Hei Ki, its characteristics, and uses in the process of Reiki healing.
Origins of Sei Hei Ki
Sei Hei Ki is one of the four symbols discovered by Mikao Usui, the Japanese Reiki Master. Some Reiki healers believe that Sei Hei Ki is a variation of the Buddhist Hrih, a symbol of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara, a Buddhist figure of healing. It is believed that Mikao Usui adapted the Hrih and renamed it Sei Hei Ki for the purposes of Reiki healing. There are many interpretations regarding the origins of Sei Hei Ki, but it remains one of the most significant symbols in Reiki healing.
- The Sei Hei Ki resembles a wave crashing on a beach, or the wing of a flying bird.
- The symbol is drawn with long, swift strokes from top to bottom, and left to right.
Uses of Sei Hei Ki
The uses of Sei Hei Ki in the Usui Reiki healing are many, giving it status as a powerful healing symbol.
- Balance: The Sei Hei Ki symbol is a diagrammatic representation of the left and right side of the brain. The left side of the brain, or Yang, stands for logical and rational thinking. The right side of the brain, or Yin, contains emotions and imagination. The Sei Hei Ki instigates balance among the Yin and Yang to create harmony within the mind.
- Emotional release: The Sei Hei Ki reveals and releases emotions which are buried deep within the subconscious. This helps individuals to confront problems, fears, and insecurities, that they might have unknowingly pushed away.
- Psychological issues: The Sei Hei Ki is used to heal many psychological problems like binge eating, alcoholism, and drugs. By using Sei Hei Ki, the user or patient can delve deep into their inner minds and discover the reasons or causes behind their harmful actions. Meditating upon the Sei Hei Ki can aid in curing any kinds of addiction.
- Fatigue: The Sei Hei Ki is useful for treating physical weariness, dizziness or fatigue. Very often physical weakness is triggered by the lack of mental energy. The Sei Hei Ki balances the two hemispheres within the brain to produce positive energy that can make the body stronger.
- Memory: The Sei Hei Ki helps in memory improvement by bringing a balance between the right and left parts of the brain. The symbol is drawn on books to remember their contents or is painted onto the crown chakra to find objects that are misplaced or lost.
- Kundalini energy: The Sei Hei Ki activates and purifies Kundalini energy found at the base of the spine. If the symbol is consistently used it can increase the power of Kundalini and make the user more enlightened and aware.
- Reformulating the mind: The symbol not only helps in casting away negative energy but also reformulates the mind to invite new thoughts, positive feelings, and good habits.
- Confronting conflict/tension: The Sei Hei Ki is evoked in the middle of a conflict to keep the mind calm and clear. It gives off a powerful vibration and energy to stabilize the two hemispheres within the mind to prevent rash, impulsive behaviour.
- Depression: When the Sei Hei Ki is used along with Cho Ku Rei, it helps remove deep emotional pain and blockages that hinder energy from reaching the main chakras. Sei Hei Ki can also be used with Shika Sei Ki to heal the heart and soul, weighed down with sadness, fear, or anxiety.
- Self- love: The Sei Hei Ki is useful for strengthening self-love and instigating a process of forgiveness. Many people are stuck in their problems due to the inability to forgive themselves. The Sei Hei Ki aids in a spiritual awakening of the mind and soul and enables an individual to heal from within.
- Residual energy: The Sei Hei Ki is used to counter unwarranted residual energy carried from places, situations, and people. Too much residual energy can be burdensome and lead to negative thoughts and fatigue.
The Se Hei Ki emphasizes that the mind and body cannot be seen as separate entities, and healing processes must tackle both mental and physical aspects for a profound, therapeutic change. It emphasizes a holistic healing approach.